Use WCF for create a News

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:37

Use WCF for create a News

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

How can I use ~/sitefinity/Services/Content/NewsItemmService.svc
for create and update a news?

Your WCF client example (VS 2010 solution) conyains only list and delete news methods.
The documentation on this is pretty useless.
How do I know which fields are required in the passed JSON?
And how do I know what values ​​I can / should I use?
How can I publish/unpublish the news?

Besides the 4.1 SP2 I was able to insert a news (in the draft and was blocked by the user),
but the same code no longer works on 4.3, despite the inclusion of various "PersistedValue": "my string","Value": "my string" instead of simple strings.
I am using this JSON:

"Item":

"AllowComments":false,
        "AvailableLanguages": ["it"],
        "DateCreated":"\/Date(1321007676307)\/",
        "PublicationDate": "\/Date(1321007676307)\/" ,
        "Title":"PersistedValue": "Test 1", "Value": "Test 1" ,
        "UrlName":"PersistedValue": "Test-1", "Value":"Test-1" , 
        "Author":"PersistedValue": "Test page", "Value":"Test page" ,
        "Content":"PersistedValue": "Lorem ipsum...", "Value":"Lorem ipsum..." ,
        "Summary":"PersistedValue": "", "Value":""  

And the error (not present in previous Sitefinity version) is:
String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.

Where can I see a working example?

Alessandro

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

I would also like to see some answers on this question.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi guys,

I'm attaching an example of creating a News Item, using Sitefinity's services. Mind that you have to specify credentials of a user that has create/edit permissions for news items, so that the service can be consumed. You can also check this blog post for more general information on Sitefinity's RESTful services:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/svetlayankova/posts/11-11-01/getting_started_with_restful_services_in_sitefinity.aspx
Considering the required fields - they are the same as they would be if you created a NewsItem from the backend. It should have a Title, UrlName, Content, PublicationDate and an Author. Considering the error that is thrown to you, I think the reason is this line:

"AllowComments":false,

Please check the example which shows how to log in Sitefinity and consume the service for creating a NewsItem. You can find all the documentation link and how to make use of the service's help page in the blogpost link above.
Let me know if you have further problems with this.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed