sitefinity language selector

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:37

sitefinity language selector

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey,

I am using widget "Language selector". And want to remove country name from html because I am using flags. Is it possible to make it from back-end?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Renatas,

You can map custom template to the widget. The widget templates can be found in the SDK installation folder -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.3\SDK\Content\Resources in the WidgetTemplates archive.

Then after you edit the language selector, you need to map the template globally to the system by creating new entry in Controls - Views.

Host Type: Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Web.UI.LanguageSelectorControl

and the application path to the actual template file.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2013 00:00

It really would be nice if one would be able to set the text and/or image you want to display in the language selector without much hassle.

Why :

Now its: English, Deutsch, italiano 

You might want:
English, Deutsch, Italina
EN, DE,  IT

Maybe in Setting Languages you could add a textbox next to each language where one could enter the desired text (guess an optoin for an image would be bonus).

If this is not possible it seems I have to go to the forum search for a thread, download the SDK, develop my own Language selector.

Kind of an hassle for every new site that uses more than one language :-)

Markus

PS: How does everybody else do it?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2013 00:00

@All 

Want to share the solution I am using at the moment.

The first part  shorts the Text to 1 letter and adds the |  (uppercase done in CSS)
The seond part removes a space an the last |

If I remember correct there used to be a seeting in the advaced section of the language selector widget to set the way to seperate langauges in horizontal list (maybe it was bread crumbs) because I cant find it anymore.

So again. It realy would be nice if you had a feature set for 

a) set seperator
b) set number of letters to be use

Like this it would be super easy to turn English French into E | F for example.

jQuery('.sflanguageLnk').each(function()
   var ShortText1 = jQuery(this).text().slice(0,1) + " | ";
  jQuery(this).text(ShortText1) ;
   )

jQuery('.sflanguagesHorizontalList  li:last-child a').each(function()
   var ShortText2 = jQuery(this).text().slice(0,-2);
  jQuery(this).text(ShortText2) ;
   )

This thread is closed