Open Redirects in New Window

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:16

Open Redirects in New Window

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

I'm developing a site in Sitefinity 4.2 and I have a variety of pages that are a redirect to an external page.  On those pages I have the checkbox "Open this link in a new window" checked, but the page doesn't open in a new window.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Kevin,

I tried to reproduce the issue but wasn't able. It seems that there aren't any issues with this functionality. Please follow the link to a video, which covers the steps to creating a redirect page with Sitefinity 4.2. Did you perform the same actions?

Best wishes,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Yes, I followed those directions perfectly.  I've attached a screenshot showing the redirect page in Sitefinity, plus I provided a screenshot of one of the pages in question that's not working... You can see the page in question here: http://184.106.252.39/current-students

The link to click on is "Bookstore".  It should open this link in a new window: https://web.dc3.edu/ics/Bookstore.jnz

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Kevin,

We've already answered your support ticket, but for you convenience I'm posting the reply here as well.
The issue reproduces in Sitefinity 4.2 on firefox, chrome and internet explorer browsers, but it does not reproduce in latest Sitefinity releases. It has been tested in Sitefinity 4.3 1873 and it works fine.

All the best,

Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2013 00:00

It might have worked in 4.3.1873, but it's broke in 5.4.0.1

Attached is an image of the settings. I am trying to open a page on our local website, in a new window. Even with that option checked, it opens in the same window as the page that calls it.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Yip, 5.4.4 it's broken again too! Well done QA. 

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Stanislav, check the same process in 5.x and you're notice that your bug has found it's way back in! :)

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2014 00:00

It also seems to be happening in sitefinity 6.3

I have a backend page with external link where i have set property of open in new window which not seems to be working.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Kamran,

I have tested the issue on version 6.3 and 7.0 and it seems works fine. Please find a short video demonstration of redirect page creation with checked option Open in new window.

Can you please let me know if I am missing something out in my steps of the scenario you have?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed