Retrieve information from a table (Database) with widget or

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:47

Retrieve information from a table (Database) with widget or custom module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Is there a widget or custom module who can choice a table from a database for editing?

Or how can I develop a easy custom module who can retrieve this information for update and editing a table (table not created from sitefinity)?

Thanks in advance for you idea or solution

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Michel,

Can you check this blog post by Josh Morales:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-05-19/creating_page-based_modules_in_sitefinity_4.aspx
It shows how to use Sitefinity's page based modules to operate data from a table. In the RadGrid that you can expose in your module's page, you can include all CRUD operations (ADD, Update, Delete) and this way easily manage your data tables.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Thanks you Svetoslav for this idea and solution.

I download the project and build it I receive a error when I want update the message.

ObjectDataSource 'HelloWorldSource' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Message, ID.

Can you help me?

Thanks
/Michel

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

I resolve this problem by myself :)

Like I see on google search other people have this problem and here the solution:

Open your DAL definition (XSD file), select your update method (the one shown on the error description), and in the properties windows click on the Parameters (Collection) button, this brings up a new small window, just select your id parameter and remove the "Original_" thing in "ParameterName", and set "SourceVersion" to "current".

For me, the ParameterName was showing "Original_id" or something like that, I set it to just "id", which is the name of my primary key.

SourceVersion was showing "Original", when all the other columns show "Current", so I changed it to "Current".

/Michel

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Michel,

Yes, this is a common problem. I'm glad you solved it, please do not hesitate to get back to me if you have further problems.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,
I have seen the tuto,it's realy greate but now I would like to get images from a database (SQLEXPRESS) and load it by a RadRotator and integrate the module like a widget to my sitefinity project,but i have got the 403 forbidden error .
Hear is the post :  http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/database-connection.aspx
Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,
I have seen the tuto,it's realy greate but now I would like to get images from a database (SQLEXPRESS) and load it by a RadRotator and integrate the module like a widget to my sitefinity project,but i have got the 403 forbidden error .
Hear is the post :  http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/database-connection.aspx
Thank you

This thread is closed