Custom Module - Deleting

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:47

Custom Module - Deleting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

I have a custom module implemented via a UserControl that uses a RadGrid.  I would like to implement deleting from the grid using a checkbox (clientselect)  or even a delete linkbutton on each item.  However, none of the ItemCommands seem to be firing as this is a UserControl added to the backend pages.  How can I either use clientside events or postbacks to implement the record deleting?

I have added the GridClientDeleteColumn and can get the client event to fire, but I don't know how to be able to access PageMethods or any Ajax call that could manipulate the data.  I would prefer NOT to implement a web service, but will if that is the only way.  However, before doing that, I would use a postback if that possibility exists.  I realize that I could utilize the view that displays a specific record for edit, but I would much rather give the user a way to delete multiple items in a single view if that is possible.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Allen,

Please take a look at the Sitefinity SDK. There is a sample named Jobs module - in the backend we have a grid that displays a list of the submitted Job applications. In this sample we have an Actions menu item for every Job row and there is a Delete command. You could expose a link with the same action as a separate RadGrid column instead.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed