Custom RadMenu dropdowns are hidden by banner

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:14

Custom RadMenu dropdowns are hidden by banner

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

I created a custom navigation(RadMenu) widget and a banner(RadRotator) widget. Everything works fine on my development laptop but when I deploy it to the staging server the menu dropdowns are displayed underneath the banner.

Is there anywhere to see this in action to look at the css?

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/menu/examples/functionality/overlay/defaultcs.aspx

I'm not able to publish it to the internet to show you. However, you gave me an idea. I deleted most of my style sheets and the menu items are no longer hidden. I will not go through the process of finding the offending CSS. Thanks.

The really odd thing is that I installed IIS 7.5 on my development laptop and the compiled code runs fine. When I copy the site to the staging server the menu dropdown become hidden under the banner. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi David,

By default the RadMenu's slide has a z-index of 10000. Please make sure that your banner is not having larger z-index value. If it does, please adjust your RadMenu's styles so that it has a larger z-index.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed