Can't add Tag or Categories to my list-items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:30

Can't add Tag or Categories to my list-items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Community,

i have the issue, that i can't add a tag or a category to my list-items.
I use the latest version of Sitefinity 4.3

Can anybody help me?

Kind Regards
EB

Whats the problem, are you getting an error? If so, what is it?

In IE i get no error, but the added tag, for example, will not be applied.
In FF i get an Return Code 0 error.

Attached you will find 2 screenshots.

Kind Regards
EB

Is it JUST with list items?

...your IIS doesn't have AppFabric installed does it?

Currently i only noticed this issue on list items!
What you mean with AppFabric?
Is AppFabric required for Sitfinity?
How can i find out, AppFabric is installed.
I think the issue comes with the Update to 4.3.1887.

Kind Regards
EB

App Fabric is an extension to IIS that causes this type of issue with sitefinity webservices...I get problems like this when I have it enabled.

See my screenshot.  RIght-click on your IIS site and see if you have that menu item.

I made an screenshot of my IIS. Can you find this option. If no, how can i install this?

You DON'T want it installed as it causes issues :)...I was just wanting to check to see if you DID have it installed as it would have caused problems.

I can't read that language, but I dont see "WCF" in there at all, so I think you're good.

Hello Emanuel,

Please note that AppFabric is not supported and not recommended for your site. In order to diagnose the problem please login to your website and reproduce the issue - then attach the trace log ( or give us a link to it)  and send it to me so I can have a closer look at the service exceptions.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

OK i will try this. Give me a moment.

Hello guys,

i created the trace file and found a warning but not an exception:

03.<EventID>524312</EventID>
04.<Type>3</Type>
05.<SubType Name="Warning">0</SubType>
06.<Level>4</Level>
07.<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-25T15:43:13.4706914Z" />
08.<Source Name="System.ServiceModel" />
09.<Correlation ActivityID="2b09542a-d33e-4dea-90ac-28cb86349fa5" />
10.<Execution ProcessName="WebDev.WebServer40" ProcessID="2404" ThreadID="15" />
11.<Channel />
12.<Computer>WS-BECKERE</Computer>
13.</System>
14.<ApplicationData>
15.<TraceData>
16.<DataItem>
17.<TraceRecord xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2004/10/E2ETraceEvent/TraceRecord" Severity="Warning">
19.<Description>Der Konfigurationsevaluierungskontext wurde nicht gefunden.</Description>
20.<AppDomain>e43292c4-1-129667092811429652</AppDomain>
21.</TraceRecord>
22.</DataItem>
23.</TraceData>
24.</ApplicationData>
25.</E2ETraceEvent>

Can this trace help you?

Kind regards
EB

Hello Emanuel,

I have answered you in the support ticket you opened.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Community, 

i found an exception:

<EventID>131076</EventID>
<Type>3</Type>
<SubType Name="Error">0</SubType>
<Level>2</Level>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-25T16:25:39.9883832Z" />
<Source Name="System.ServiceModel" />
<Correlation ActivityID="3479d2f8-7403-4070-94da-2a1c66676f9a" />
<Execution ProcessName="WebDev.WebServer40" ProcessID="2404" ThreadID="15" />
<Channel />
<Computer>WS-BECKERE</Computer>
</System>
<ApplicationData>
<TraceData>
<DataItem>
<Description>Handling an exception.</Description>
<AppDomain>e43292c4-1-129667092811429652</AppDomain>
<Exception>
<ExceptionType>Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.DataStoreException, Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2011.2.713.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342</ExceptionType>
<Message>Insert of '1539738411-7941fdf4-6164-453b-b407-e9e3117f0467' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Zeichenfolgen- oder Binärdaten würden abgeschnitten.
Die Anweisung wurde beendet.
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.execute()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.execute()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)
INSERT INTO [sf_list_items] ([approval_workflow_state_], [approval_workflow_state_de_de], [approval_workflow_state_en], [approval_workflow_state_en_gb], [content_], [content_de_de], [content_en], [content_en_gb], [link_text], [page_field], [thumbnail], [id], [can_inherit_permissions], [inherits_permissions], [ordinal], [parent_id], [description_], [description_de_de], [description_en], [description_en_gb], [title_], [title_de_de], [title_en], [title_en_gb], [url_name_], [url_name_de_de], [url_name_en], [url_name_en_gb], [allow_comments], [allow_track_backs], [app_name], [approve_comments], [content_id], [content_state], [date_created], [default_page_id], [draft_culture], [email_author], [expiration_date], [last_modified], [last_modified_by], [original_content_id], [ownr], [post_rights], [publication_date], [source_key], [status], [vrsion], [views_count], [visible], [votes_count], [votes_sum], [voa_version]) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
(set event logging to all to see parameter values) Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Zeichenfolgen- oder Binärdaten würden abgeschnitten.
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)</Message>
<StackTrace>
at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessListsDataProvider_e6aa00b9d6364c029c2b38c835795c51.CommitTransaction()
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SaveChanges()
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveContentUsingWorkflow(ContentItemContext`1 context, String parentId, String providerName, String workflowOperation)
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveChildContentInternal(ContentItemContext`1 context, String parentId, String providerName, String newParentId, String workflowOperation)
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveChildContent(ContentItemContext`1 content, String parentId, String contentId, String providerName, String newParentId, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut, String workflowOperation)
at SyncInvokeSaveChildContent(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
</StackTrace>
<ExceptionString>Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.DataStoreException: Insert of '1539738411-7941fdf4-6164-453b-b407-e9e3117f0467' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Zeichenfolgen- oder Binärdaten würden abgeschnitten.
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)
INSERT INTO [sf_list_items] ([approval_workflow_state_], [approval_workflow_state_de_de], [approval_workflow_state_en], [approval_workflow_state_en_gb], [content_], [content_de_de], [content_en], [content_en_gb], [link_text], [page_field], [thumbnail], [id], [can_inherit_permissions], [inherits_permissions], [ordinal], [parent_id], [description_], [description_de_de], [description_en], [description_en_gb], [title_], [title_de_de], [title_en], [title_en_gb], [url_name_], [url_name_de_de], [url_name_en], [url_name_en_gb], [allow_comments], [allow_track_backs], [app_name], [approve_comments], [content_id], [content_state], [date_created], [default_page_id], [draft_culture], [email_author], [expiration_date], [last_modified], [last_modified_by], [original_content_id], [ownr], [post_rights], [publication_date], [source_key], [status], [vrsion], [views_count], [visible], [votes_count], [votes_sum], [voa_version]) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
(set event logging to all to see parameter values) Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Zeichenfolgen- oder Binärdaten würden abgeschnitten.
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes) ---> Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Zeichenfolgen- oder Binärdaten würden abgeschnitten.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessListsDataProvider_e6aa00b9d6364c029c2b38c835795c51.CommitTransaction()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SaveChanges()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveContentUsingWorkflow(ContentItemContext`1 context, String parentId, String providerName, String workflowOperation)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveChildContentInternal(ContentItemContext`1 context, String parentId, String providerName, String newParentId, String workflowOperation)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveChildContent(ContentItemContext`1 content, String parentId, String contentId, String providerName, String newParentId, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut, String workflowOperation)
   at SyncInvokeSaveChildContent(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)</ExceptionString>
<InnerException>
<ExceptionType>Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException, Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime, Version=2011.2.713.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342</ExceptionType>
<Message>Zeichenfolgen- oder Binärdaten würden abgeschnitten.
Die Anweisung wurde beendet.</Message>
<StackTrace>
</StackTrace>
<ExceptionString>Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Zeichenfolgen- oder Binärdaten würden abgeschnitten.
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)</ExceptionString>
</InnerException>
</Exception>
</TraceRecord>
</DataItem>
</TraceData>
</ApplicationData>
</E2ETraceEvent>

Exception Type:
Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.DataStoreException, Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2011.2.713.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342

Insert of '1539738411-7941fdf4-6164-453b-b407-e9e3117f0467' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Zeichenfolgen- oder Binärdaten würden abgeschnitten.

Stack Trace:
Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveChildContentInternal(ContentItemContext`1 context, String parentId, String providerName, String newParentId, String workflowOperation)
Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveChildContent(ContentItemContext`1 content, String parentId, String contentId, String providerName, String newParentId, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut, String workflowOperation)
SyncInvokeSaveChildContent(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]&amp; outputs)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Community,

i found my mistake. I must add a custom field for Tags.
Now it works.

Kind Regards
EB

This thread is closed