"System is Restarting..." loop

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:41

"System is Restarting..." loop

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

We are running Sitefinity 4.2 and we get this error message much of the time after a rebuild but it's sporadic.  Sometimes it shows up for a few seconds and then the site comes up, sometimes it goes into a loop that won't exit and you have to kill the web server and restart it before it comes out.  Sometimes it comes up and then you hit refresh and everything is ok.

I've read various places on these forums what the problem might be but they are not consistent.  One post suggested it could be because of a failed upgrade (but then why does it only happen sometimes?).

We develop on Cassini (Visual Studio's IIS) mostly and get this regularly but I launched the site to IIS6 on 2003 Server yesterday and got this.  Tried many things to reload site but kept getting it.  Finally restarted IIS and that fixed it.  This will be production, though, so I can't have it go into this loop at random times and need to know what causes it so I can make sure the site never comes up like this when it starts up.

Thanks

Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Ben Alexandra,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

The problem may be caused by number of issues, however the most probable is if your server somehow reaches the memory for the app pool thus recycling the pool which causes the project to be restarted. Enough memory (500mb+) should be allocated for the application pool to run properly.

Make sure you do not have any specific limitations for the memory of your server. Also you can check the logs of Sitefinity and IIS to see if the system caught any errors prior to restarting the website.

The problem may be also related to some configuration of yours. Can you tell me how you deployed the project? Verify that all files are in their respective folders, the assemblies are in the bin folder and the permissions are correctly set on the App_Data folder.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have done everything I can think of for the AppPool.  It is the only site in the pool, and I have assigned 1000 MB for both physical and virtual memory.  What permissions need to be set on the App_Data directory?  I have everything configured as it is supposed to be, as far as I know and am not doing anything in particular that should be odd or intensive on the site.

We have terrible speed issues and are supposed to launch our site (http://beta.easterncurrents.ca) this weekend.   Sometimes pages are fast, but quite often the site hangs inexplicably and we have to recycle the app pool or restart IIS.  Then things work fine for a while, then just stop again.  Other Sitefinity 3.7 sites on the same server work fine (such as http://usa.weleda.com).

I just went to the beta site again (was there a few minute ago and other people are working on it as well) and it hung for 2 minutes, then it said:

The system is restarting...

Please wait a few seconds. You will be redirected automatically.

I am open to any tips about how to improve performance and resolve this issue!

Thanks a lot!!!

Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Team Telerik,

I am also facing similar issues. Can you guide us on this?

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Hello,

The application pool identity should be set to the user that has permissions over the App_Data folder.

Can you also verify that the server has fulfilled all requirements by Sitefinity 4 and the application pool is running using .NET 4 framework and Integrated Pipeline mode?

Please verify that all your system assemblies ( those referenced in your project ) are for the correct .NET version that is installed on your server.

We have browsed your beta website, but the pages were loading quite fast. However most of the loading time was absorbed by some custom .js scripts you have added to the template / or the pages.

Also you may want to verify that Output cache is enabled:

The setting can be found under administration -> settings -> advanced -> system -> output cache.

@Siddesh: please try the above suggestions as well.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Came across this for the first time
Fresh clean local 4.4 installation.
1) Installed
2) when to Admin - Languages
3) added DE front, DE back
4) tried to click on time zone

Bang.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support. 

I have tried to reproduce the problem locally with 4.4RTM installed and I could not find any problem like the one you described. Please see attached video and let me know if I'm missing something. 

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Dear Sonya
Did try it again the same way and of course this time when taking a screencast it did not happen. I am 100% sure I did it exactely the same way as the last time.
Not reproducable sorry
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the sitefinity 4 requirements on page: System Requirements for Sitefinity
The configuration of the server is: Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6. I dint find an option to view the .net framework and also the pipeline mode in my server IIS version.
 Please if you can help me with this.

Or, Sitefinity doesnt work with IIS6, if the above options are not present?

Rest all seems to be fine.

Thanks and regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

HI Team Telerik,

Please anyone, if you can reply?

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Team Telerik,

Still no replies for this... Should this be assumed as closed with no solution?
Faced this issue only in 4.x versions

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Siddesh,

Sitefinity 4.x supports IIS6. However the system needs to be configured correctly in order to run flawlessly.

Although you seem to fulfill the system requirements for Sitefinity please consider reviewing the following blog post regarding the installation process on IIS6:

www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_6.aspx

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2014 00:00

I fixed it by restart/recycle my app pool manually.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2017 00:00

Hello everyone, I have a similar problem, my application pool is restarted every 20 or 30 minutes without any reason, the server conditions are normal but when there is a concurrence between 30 and 40 users will start to restart

This thread is closed