Sitefinity 4 Blog Archive Widget - Filter by Month / Year

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:12

Sitefinity 4 Blog Archive Widget - Filter by Month / Year

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2011 00:00

I am trying to add a month year archive to my blog for Sitefinity 4 where users can look at posts from a specific month. I found the "Archive" widget in Sitefinity 4 under the "Navigation" section in the toolbox. I drag it to my page and it renders nothing. What is required to make this control render?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Conrad Ehinger,

To make it work you need to add a Blog Post widget on your page. Take a look at this article from our Documentation. It describes in details how to configure the Archive widget.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Jen,

I had this answered in a support ticket. I was actually told that I have to edit the ContentType field in the property listing. That seemed to work

Thanks

Chris

thanks for the update Conrad, do you mean that you placed this archive widget on a page without any other control and it worked after setting the ContentType?

PS for anyone else who might be reading this, here is the link I think Jen meant to include: http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/user-guide/displaying-content-using-widgets/navigation-widgets-group/configuring-the-archive-widget.aspx

Wow - I didn't even know that link existed. Amazing!

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

You're welcome Conrad,

I'm glad that you got an answer to your question. Please excuse me for not giving you a link to the article I mentioned. I was referring to this.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed