intrasite generic content based module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:53

intrasite generic content based module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Is there a blog or webinair about how to make an intrasite generic content based module for Sitefinity 4.3 or can someone explain it to me?

There's not much documentation that I can find.. 

Generic content based module ( in the old documentation ):
http://www.sitefinity.com/help/developer-manual/products-module-simple-implementation.html

Intra-site module in Sitefinity 4:
http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/how-to-how-to-create-a-testimonials-intra-site-module.html

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Khai,

Can you please let us know of the exact use case scenario you're trying to achieve, so maybe we can give you a more specific advice. Generally there is some difference between custom Sitefinity Content-based modules, and intra-site modules. The latter represent more of a convenient way of organizing your custom/user controls in Sitefinity backed, and require less programmatic effort and level of experience. Josh Morales has made a great post on creating an intra-site module for Sitefinity 4.x, I believe you might find it useful. Along with this, the following webinar also addresses intra-site modules, so you might want to take a look at it as well.
Content-based modules, on the other hand, allow for more cmplicated use case scenarios, and resemble the Sitefinity content based modules (e.g. News, Blogs) by allowing you to create a new content type, and implement all the logic including permissions, lifecycle etc. A great example of a complete content-based module can be found in our Sitefinity SDK - the products catalog sample. In addition, with the upcoming release, we'll be introducing the Module Builder tool, which will allow you to create content-based modules straight from Sitefinity backend. For a quick preview on the expected functionality, you might want to tkae a look at our roadmap.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed