Search issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:43

Search issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

I am new to sitefinity 4.3. I tried adding some custom code and removed the <sfSearch:SearchBox ID="topSearchBox" runat="server" /> from the default sitefinity search results template. After saving the template i am getting this error.

Server Error in '/' Application.

A required control was not found in the template for "~/SfCtrlPresentation/_SFCT_/6ac2df57bca068d836a11c09d72ef6c9ee4c0e42/SearchResults.ascx". The control must be assignable from type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public.SearchBox" and must have ID "topSearchBox".

I tried restarting application pool still i am getting this error. How to resolve this. Please reply ASAP.
Thanks,
sathya

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Sathiyaseelan,

When you try to remove the searchbox from the search template the code behind still references the searchbox and since you removed it, the template errors out.

To fix this issue, you can put the searchbox inside a div tag and then use style="display:none;" to hide the searchbox. This way the searchbox is not visible but the code behind can still reference that code. I have included a sample of the search template code that includes the style="display:none;" property. To access the search template widget, you can go to Design -> Widget templates -> Search and Indexes:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public" TagPrefix="sfSearch" %>

<div id="Some" style="display:none;">
<sfSearch:SearchBox ID="topSearchBox" runat="server" />
</d>

<sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="resultsStats" runat="server" WrapperTagName="p" CssClass="sfsearchResultStatistics" Text="<%$Resources:SearchResources, SearchResultsStatusMessage %>" />

<asp:Repeater ID="resultsList" runat="server">
    <HeaderTemplate>
        <dl class="sfsearchResultsWrp sfsearchReultTitleSnippetUrl">
    </HeaderTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <dt class="sfsearchResultTitle"><a runat="server" href='<%# Eval("Link")%>'><%# Eval("Title") %></a></dt>  
        <dd class="sfsearchResultSnippet"><%# Eval("Summary")%></dd>
        <dd class="sfsearchResultUrl"><a runat="server"  href='<%# Eval("Link")%>'><%# Eval("Link")%></a></dd> 
        <dd class="sfsearchResultHighLighter"><%# Eval("HighLighterResult")%></dd> 
    </ItemTemplate>
    <FooterTemplate>
        </dl>
    </FooterTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>
<sitefinity:Pager ID="pager" runat="server" />
<sfSearch:SearchBox ID="bottomSearchBox" runat="server" />

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Greetings,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed