Controling size of image gallery thumbnails

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:20

Controling size of image gallery thumbnails

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi guys,
How do we control the size of the image gallery thumbails?  In previous verisons, it was just a setting on the control, but I can't see it anywhere.  The default seems to be 120px wide, but I need to change this.

For reference, I'm using 4.3 and specifically working with the thumbnails in the lightbox mode.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Justin,

Currently the size of the thumbnails cannot be changed as it is set upon uploading the image.

You can check a discussion regarding the subject:

www.sitefinity.com/.../image-gallery-thumb-size.aspx

We also have a feature request logged for in PITS, for which you can vote:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/5432

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,
Thanks for the reply.  If it's not possible to do it on the fly, can I at least update this somewhere in the code?  I'm happy for all thumbnails to be the same size, I just want them a different size to 120px wide.  And I'm happy to delete and re-upload all of the images that need thumbnails.  The developer who raised the e in PITS says his width is 160 - which is different to mine, so there must be a way?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Justin,

The thumbnail size is hardcoded and cannot be overridden. We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Also the PITS item relates to the thumbnails in the media modules, which is different from the images in the widget, however if the issue is resolved in the media module, you will be also able to set custom size for the images displayed by the widget.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

Will 'hard-coded' thumbnail alteration ever be changed so that one can change size and the actual thumbnail?

I had to stop using one of my Sitefinity licenses because of this issue and would like to start using it again.

Thanks,
John S.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

Will 'hard-coded' thumbnail alteration ever be changed so that one can change size and the actual thumbnail?

I had to stop using one of my Sitefinity licenses because of this issue and would like to start using it again.

Thanks,
John S.

This thread is closed