Error on first browser when logged out by new session on sec

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:09

Error on first browser when logged out by new session on second browser

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2011 00:00

If I am logged in on one computer as a certain user, then go to a new computer and new browser and log on as the same user and select the option to log out that user from other sessions, when I go back to the first browser, I get the below error (at least in SF 4.2)

I think it's because the browser thinks it's logged in but the back-end session has been deleted.  Is this right?  And how do I fix it? Can't be throwing an error on the site just because of this.

Thanks!

Ben

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal' to type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityPrincipal'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal' to type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityPrincipal'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal' to type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityPrincipal'.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context, SiteMapNode node) +78
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context, SiteMapNode node) +19
   System.Web.SiteMapNode.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context) +17
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.CheckSecurity(HttpContextBase httpContext, PageSiteNode node) +40
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +396
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +287
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +60
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Ben Alexandra,

Could you please provide some code for us so we could see what the problem might have been. I believe I understand the cause of the exception, but I'm not sure what to do in order to fix it unless I see some code.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

There is no code.  Open 2 browsers (say FF & Chrome) to the same site and log in as a backend user in one, and once logged in browse around the site

Then go to the second browser and log in as the same user.  When it asks if you want to log out the same user in the other browser, say yes.  

Then go back to the first browser and try to keep browsing and you'll see that error message

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Ben Alexandra,

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. When I come back to the first browser I get the expected error message:

"User already logged on a different computer"

Could you give us more details about your setup - enabled JavaScript, cookeits, etc.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed