Client scheduler/appointment-setter?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:05

Client scheduler/appointment-setter?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

A client of ours wants a scheduler or appointment-setter on his website, so that clients can view available times on an online calendar and then book an appointment that works best for them. Results will reflect immediately so that clients can see their own results and the results of others live (no over-booking).

After digging around I've found a few things on "RadScheduler" (?) or medical sites Sitefinity has partnered with, but nothing concrete.

Is there any straightforward documentation on if such a feature is possible with Sitefinity, how to implement it and, if possible, examples of it in use?

Thank you all for your time,
~Dana

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Dana,

Thank you for using our services. We do not offer such functionality out of the box, but it can be easily configured, taking advantage of our Events module and the RadScheduler control - this way whenever a user clicks on a time slot from the Scheduler, he can create an Event in Sitefinity, and also all existing events will be displayed. Actually the RadScheduler control, as a standalone control can be used to fully satisfy the requirements of your use case scenario, I believe you might find this article from our RadScheduler Demos useful.
 I'm also attaching a sample Sitefinity project and its database backup. The login credentials are user:admin password: password. You can see a sample Events scheduler user control implementation.
Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any additional information or have any further questions, I'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2011 00:00

Thank you for the reply. I will have to look into your suggestion later as I am not a developer.

When browsing around Sitefinity.com, I noticed the following:
"Provide more online services: Sitefinity’s functionality provides different services online, including setting appointments with medical staff and completing online payments. "

Do you have an example of this scheduling component in action? Or an explanation on how this would be done? Or on how other healthcare sites have utilized it, as described above?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Dana,

While I am aware of at least a couple of intranet and extranet projects in development that utilize the RadScheduler, I am still looking to find a live and public sample of this in action with Sitefinity.

In the meantime a great example of the RadScheduler being used for setting appointments can be seen in the Sitefinity SDK Intranet Starter Kit. There the full source code of a sample 'Meetings' Module available and it contains a widget that allows you to achieve exactly the scenario you have described.

Since the RadScheduler is a very feature rich ASP .NET control that allows binding to different data sources and supports a lot of advanced functionality, binding to Sitefintiy data is straightforward and all scenarios and sample listed in the RadScheduler demo page are achievable with Sitefinity by using the API. This demo page is also probably the best resource you can find in terms of what can be achieved with the RadScheduler and how.

This thread also provides a great discussion on some of the implementation specifics when binding to the Sitefinity data.

All the best,
Svetla
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed