Importing Data from Remote RSS

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:36

Importing Data from Remote RSS

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

A disclaimer: this is my first experience with Sitefinity.

The company I'm working for contracts with another company to manage their career services.  This company provides an RSS feed of the current job openings.

Unfortunately, this RSS doesn't include all the fields needed to implement the business logic required. So we'll have to host their page in an IFrame. 

I'd like to ingest this feed, creating an entry for each item, extract the id from the url in the 'link' field and use that to generate the src attribute of the iframe. In Addition, each entry needs to disappear as it is removed from the source feed.

So, my question is, do I need to create a custom module or is this possible using the standard Feeds & Notifications scheme?

Edit: Perhaps better questions are: can I extend the list of modules that the Feeds & Notifications service binds to? Is this the best approach?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Jack Murphy,

Can you send us the URL of the feed? This way we will be able to give you an accurate answer whether your scenario is compatible to what Sitefinity offers at the moment.

Best wishes,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Sure Jen,

Here you go:
http://empathylab.hrmdirect.com/employment/rss.php

Thanks for your time!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Jack,

Sitefinity allows you to import RSS feed as content, but can you be more specific about the business logic you aren't able to implement at the moment and what exactly you'd like to achieve using Sitefinity, so we can give you a more specific advice?

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed