User control in sitefinity backened

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:45

User control in sitefinity backened

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

I have implemented an asp.net user control in my VS solution and registered it in Sitefinity backend. It works as expected. Yet, i want this control to appear only in the right panel for content creation of backend pages and not for front end pages.Please advice whether this is possible in sitefinity 4.3

Hi Ravish,

You could look to use Configuration Policies for this, you can basically create a copy of the config and make certain config that applies only to a certain user or role.  

In the Sitefinity backend if you go to Administration -> Settings
Click Advanced then on the right hand side of the screen there is a button that says Select another policy,  this is where you can manage your Configuration Policies.

Cheers
Sean

Hi,

Toolbox section is the same for backend and frontend pages. Currently it is not possible to separate the widgets, but this is a good feature that we have to consider for next releases.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

Thanks all for your replies, @Sean I'll try what you said ;)

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

I think that we have a bug with configuration policies. I am not 100% sure that we managed to fix it in the latest release.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed