Form Builder public user functionality

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:43

Form Builder public user functionality

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

I'm looking to provide functionality for users to view previously submitted form responses. I would like for a user to be able to authenticate into the site and view a list of forms where they could click on a previous submission which would reconstitute the form and allow for it to be edited and resubmitted as a new unique submission. Is this doable and if so how would I go about doing it. I think I can use the api to retrieve submissions filtered by the current userid but I don't know if I can display it again with those values.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

Can you check the following thread that shows how to query form responses and get their values?
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/dynamically-displaying-form-responses-with-field-titles.aspx 
Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

That simply displays in a repeater the question and response values. I need to display the original form in entry/edit mode so values can be changed and then submitted. I know how to retrieve previously submitted values. Does the form builder allow for a previous submission to be pulled up in entry mode?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

Editing the Edit mode of the Responses page won't be possible as this page is auto-generated at the installation of the module and cannot be extended or changed in any way. This means that if you need to implement such a functionality, you will have to reimplement the whole logic by yourself, pull up the old responses from the base and populate them to the new form.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2011 00:00

So the form builder is purely a 1 way (submit only) framework? I would have to recreate your form engine to display the form with original values repopulated in input fields? I simply want to recreate the functionality that the "Edit" button does in the backend module for a single response. Could I not create a custom user control inheriting that?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

The built-in modules are not that extendable, especially their backend parts. As I've said - these pages are created during the installation of the modules, so there is no easy way for you to just reuse or extend them.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed