Content Delivery Network Support (Amazon CloudFront CDN)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:02

Content Delivery Network Support (Amazon CloudFront CDN)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

I'm in the process of converting an existing web site to Sitefinity and I was wonder if there's a simple setting that when set it can shift from serving static (images, videos, docs & css) from the Sitefinity web server to a content deliver network?  I have chosen to upload the existing files in Sitefinity to the file system instead of the database.  I assume that is necessary.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Matt,

There is no setting to move the images to CDN, there is a setting to move the images from the file system to the database and the reverse (Database to file system). This is done by going to all image libraries. select a library ->Actions->Move to another storage.
Sitefinity 4.4 supports windows Azure blob storage where the images can be uploaded, but there is no support for Amazon. In case this can be useful to you to create a new storage provider for Azure go to Administration->Settings->Storage Providers and there you will see database and file system already existing with an option to add new storage provider for Azure. This is the first cloud storage provider we have added to Sitefinity, for the next release in mid february a new storage provider will not be introduced. Excuse us for the inconvenience. 

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed