Master page for news

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:21

Master page for news

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,
I'm testing  sitefinity and I would like to know if I could set master page for news details. If I put news, lets say on Home Page it inherits template from Home Page. Is it possible to create separate master page file and set it for all news.

Dalibor,

Absolutely!

After you've created a template and page from your new master page, simply drag a News widget to a content placeholder you would like the content to display in.

This documentation will help you configure the news widget. What you're asking about is covered in the "Single Item Settings".

Let me know if you need any more help :)

Hi,

Thanks, it works now.
I tried with Selected existing page ...but I was getting error because I didn't know: "In order to display the news, the page you have selected must have the News widget added."  
Now I can continue with discovering :)

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2014 00:00

How would we do this if we are putting it right in the markup?

<%@ Register Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="sf" %>
gives me most widgets but not the news. 

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Richard,

If you ever wonder the what is the CLR Type of some control, please go to Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Toolboxes >> Toolboxes >> PageControls >> Sections >> ContentToolboxSection >> Tools >> NewsView and you will see the following:

AssemblyTelerik.Sitefinity.ContentModules
NamespaceTelerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.Web.UI
ClassNewsView

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed