Mootools Widget does not work with sitefinity widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:30

Mootools Widget does not work with sitefinity widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

I am using a slideshow control that is based on Mootools javascript libray for my custom news widget. When I add any sitefinity build in widget on the page, my control doesn't load.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Fadi Raheel

Open up firebug in firefox (console tab)

What is it telling you? (any script errors?)

Getting the error:

_lofmain.getElement is not a function

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

I uploaded the Widget files here.
Attached is a screenshot before and after adding news widget.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi All,

I am stuck on this and would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.

Fadi Raheel

EDIT: Fixed

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Did you add your control to a Widget template or to the page directly? From the picture, I suppose you added it to the News Widget's template (or another widget) and probably there is some missing references in the template. If this is correct, can you send me the widget template, so I can inspect exactly how you added your control?

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Thanks Svetoslav for your reply.

I registered it as:

<add enabled="True" title="Custom" name="Custom">
    <tools>
        <add enabled="True" type="~/Custom/FeaturedNews/FeaturedNewsWidget.ascx" title="FeaturedNews" description="Featured News Widget" visibilityMode="None" name="FeaturedNews" />
    </tools>
</add>

Anyways, i got it resolved by adding  jQuery.noConflict();  before the code that references the Mootools. 

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

I'm glad that you fixed your issue.
 That was going to be my second suggestion - that there is a jquery conflict with the version of the library that Sitefinity loads and the one from your control. You can check the version that Sitefinity loads from the Backend administration and settings page and load the same in your control, so no conflicts are caused. The other way around this is what you did - calling the noConflct() method. 

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed