4.4 Module Builder - Multi Language Support

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:28

4.4 Module Builder - Multi Language Support

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Is there a way to enable multi-language support for modules created using the new module builder bundled in 4.4?  I've created a module for one of my multi-language sites, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable translations for it's content.  Is there a setting in the GUI to enable this, or is it possible to extend this new module to create support for this?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Shaun,

Currently we do not support multilingual for the modules, created with the module builder. This feature will be implemented in the future versions of Sitefinity.

Kind regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov
Sitefinity team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,
I saw this post and I have a question about this.
It means that custom fields can be translated later ? Because this type of fields works probably on same way that fields created by module builder.

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

You are correct Nicolas, we aim at extending the custom fields to support multilingual content with our upcoming releases this year. At this stage we still haven't announced the feature in our roadmap, but we will do our best to include it in the second half of the year.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

It sounds well we are going to be able to relieve our forms by deleting duplicated fields for translation.

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

We're working on a Sitefinity implementation that relies heavily on custom types of content with support to multi-language. When we first saw the Module Builder we were very happy about it, makes the job of creating custom content very easy but its major flaw to us is the lack of multi-language support.

Do you guys have an ETA for this? In case you say Q2 or later, I'd like to get from you guys some direction on other ways we can go to have customized content with multi-language support. By the way, pls let me clarify what I mean by custom content, here is a sample of a content type we'd be using it: 

- Title
- Description
- Classification
     * Categories (hierarchical taxonomy)
     * Services (flat taxonomy)

As you can see, this is very close from some of the pre-define contents (i.e. news) but its got 2 categories... So, should we try to customize an existing type into our needs? Or should we try to tweak the code behind the content generated by the module builder?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Wagner

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Wagner,

Multilingual support for the module builder is planned for version 5.1 of Sifinity due around the summer in 2012. Until then I'm afraid it is not quite possible to have multilingual content in a module, unless you create a pair of fields.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Just a quick question on the multi language support: If we were to create custom modules in Sitefinity 5.0, would an upgrade to 5.1 allow us to add multiple languages to those modules (automatically or through a tool)?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

If this makes it in 5.1, that is good news, because we're going to need it for a new project.
What about multi-lingual documents? Ie: the ability to upload a specific file for each language of a given document. Will this also be in 5.1?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi 

I have just tried sitefinity 5.1 and created a custom module using module builder. It still does not support multilingual content. Highly disappointing :(

- Gaurav

Over promise, under deliver.

For all you guys writing here, make sure to upvote this PITS issue:
Multi Language Module Builder

This thread is closed