Module limitation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:32

Module limitation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

I have a client who wants to build a site for his different franchise partners.

www.mydomain.com/franchisepartner1
www.mydomain.com/franchisepartner2
www.mydomain.com/franchisepartner3

Since I love Sitefinity I want to use it.

Now what I would do is simply add a PageGroup franchisepartner1 and give rights to the user franchisepartner1 and the same for the others.

I guess that should work.

----------------
The idea is that the franchise partners will have access to certain widget or modules only if they pay for it. So I would need a system that allows me to show/hide modules/widget based on the user.

Anyone done this yet?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

For this case you could use our permissions by creating different roles for the different franchise partners and giving them access only to parts of the system that you want to. The permissions can be set either to the widgets, to the different actions with content (create/edit/delete) or for the whole Backend Pages - for example if you want them not to be able to use Forms module, you can go to Backend Pages, find the Forms page and edit its view permissions by removing the desired role.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed