Running sitefinity 4.3 on IIS 6 Problem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:59

Running sitefinity 4.3 on IIS 6 Problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

We have a sitefinity 4.3 project and it worked fine on our development server (IIS 7), but when we moved everything to the live server (which is running IIS 6.0), we got some issues in admin section. The front end pages are running fine, but I got an error, "Security settings for this service require 'Anonymous' Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service."(see the screenshot), when I clicked the 'Pages' link (or News ... under Content section) in admin. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.
Stephen

Stephen,

It seems that not all of the necessary authentication methods are configured. Sitefinity requires "Anonymous Authentication" to be enabled to function. You can configure those settings in the "Authentication" section of your IIS manager.

If you have more issues, I'd suggest looking at all of your server settings and making sure that they match the recommended configuration.

Hope that helps!

Hello Stephen,

As Tim suggested please make sure you have allowed Anonymous authentication for your site in IIS. Please consider the attached screenshot.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed