Videos Custom Field with New Section - Value not persisting

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:51

Videos Custom Field with New Section - Value not persisting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

I'm working in Administration > Settings > Advanced Settings. Then I go to Libraries > Controls > VideoBackend > Views. From here I'm editing VideosBackendEdit and creating a new Section, and then a field for that section. This then adds the section and field as expected for when editing a Video, but the value being selected or entered is not being persisted to the database or something else is going on because it won't stick. Is there something I'm missing?

Is there documentation on adding sections and fields to libraries and the items they contain? I would like to do this via the API. All of the documentation I've found is for simple content items.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Here is the LibrariesConfig.contentViewControls.VideosBackend.views.VideosBackendEdit.config file. As you can see, I have a custom field named SalesForceContentId on the bottom and then a custom section named Resource Center with a custom field named EloquaCampaignId, which is the field that is not persisting to the database.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<view xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="4.4.2117.0" viewName="VideosBackendEdit">
    <sections>
        <sections title="Resource Center" wrapperTag="Div" isHiddenInTranslationMode="False" name="ResourceCenterSection">
            <fields>
                <field rows="1" dataFieldName="EloquaCampaignId" displayMode="Write" wrapperTag="Li" title="Eloqua Campaign Id" description="This is a campaign id generated from Eloqua for marketing." fieldType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.TextField" fieldName="EloquaCampaignId" type:this="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.Config.TextFieldDefinitionElement, Telerik.Sitefinity">
                    <expandableDefinition expanded="True" />
                    <validator expectedFormat="None" maxLength="-1" minLength="-1" required="False" validateIfInvisible="True" />
                </field>
            </fields>
        </sections>
        <sections displayMode="Write" wrapperTag="Div" isHiddenInTranslationMode="False" name="CustomFieldsSection">
            <fields>
                <field rows="1" dataFieldName="SalesForceContentId" wrapperTag="Li" title="SalesForceContentId" example="This is the Salesforce Content Id." fieldType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.TextField" fieldName="SalesForceContentId" type:this="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.Config.TextFieldDefinitionElement, Telerik.Sitefinity">
                    <validator expectedFormat="None" maxLength="0" minLength="0" required="False" alphaNumericViolationMessage="Non alphanumeric characters are not allowed." currencyViolationMessage="You have entered an invalid currency." emailAddressViolationMessage="You have entered an invalid email address." integerViolationMessage="You have entered an invalid integer." interneturlviolationmessage="You have entered an invalid URL." maxLengthViolationMessage="Too long" maxValueViolationMessage="Too big" messageCssClass="sfError" messageTagName="div" minLengthViolationMessage="Too short." minValueViolationMessage="Too small." nonAlphaNumericViolationMessage="Alphanumeric characters are not allowed." numericViolationMessage="You have entered an invalid number." percentageViolationMessage="You have entered an invalid percentage." regularExpressionViolationMessage="Invalid format" requiredViolationMessage="Required field." usSocialSecurityNumberViolationMessage="You have entered an invalid US social security number." usZipCodeViolationMessage="You have entered an invalid US ZIP code." validateIfInvisible="True" />
                </field>
            </fields>
        </sections>
    </sections>
</view>

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

resolution found here: www.sitefinity.com/.../change-the-section-of-a-custom-field.aspx
modified my config files to put the fields in my new section after creating custom fields normally. using SF 4.4

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Michael,

I hope you resolved your issue then. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other issues.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed