Custom Widget Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:19

Custom Widget Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

I created a new Module and called it "test".
When I go to a widget designer I see my module listed in the grid (attachment error1.png).
After I click on "Full testitem content" link a template designer opens (attachment error2.png)
The problem is that a "test" module is not listed in the "this template is applied to..." dropdown.
In fact the dropdown defaults to the last item.

Another related problem: if I add a testitem to a page and publish it I receive an error

DataBinding: 'Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.AreasofExpertise.AreaOfExpertise' does not contain a property with the name 'Column1Title'.

Column1Title is actually a field that belongs to another module (selected in dropdown on error2.png)

So I have many modules and only one of my custom modules is listed in the dropdown "this template is applied to..."

does anyone know what the problem might be?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Dmitri,

I answered in your support ticket, but I will copy the answer here, as well:
The reason for the error that you are getting is that the template is searching for a property that does not exist, probably because this is the template for another content widget (of another module) and it is wrongly applied to the current widget that displays content from another content type.
On the dropdown list - we are aware of this bug and it will be fixed for our next release. I apologize for the discomfort that this caused. 

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed