Search results displays page even if we disable/untick "

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:37

Search results displays page even if we disable/untick "Allow search engines to index this page" option.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Default search displays pages even if we disable/untick "Allow search engines to index this page" option. If we unpublished then its not displaying. How????

Any suggestion
Thanks,
sathya

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Sathya,

This options means something completely different. It means that your pages won't be indexed by search engines like Google, Bing, etc., not the internal search functionality of Sitefinity.

I hope this explains it.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello sir,

I understand clearly. So If I want the page not to be indexed by both external(like Google or Bing) and internal(sitefinity) search functionality then what I need to do??

Any suggestions will be really appreciated.
Thanks,
sathya

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Sathya,

Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible to specify that using the UI. There is a PITS feature request for that - here is the public URL -

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/5274 

Meanwhile you can try to workaround this by implementing a custom search pipe - I believe you might find this blog post very useful

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/ivanpelovski/posts/11-08-16/registering_custom_pipes_in_sitefinity.aspx 

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2014 00:00

We have started a discussion on this feature and would like to invite you to share your feedback here: 

www.sitefinity.com/.../exclude-pages-from-sitefinity-search

We will be happy to hear your specific cases and scenarios in regards to excluding pages from SiteFinity search. 

Thank you in advance.
Charl

This thread is closed