Newtonsoft.json.dll version

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:41

Newtonsoft.json.dll version

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I'm using the GoogleMapsForNET v0.9.2a in an application.  It uses Newtonsoft.json V3.5r6, but when I try to use it within Sitefinity, I get an error:

"does not implement inherited abstract member 'Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter.ReadJson"

My assumption is that you're using a different release of V3.5...but I can't figure out which one...both DLLs show the same version info:

Json35r6 Image Runtime Version:
Newtonsoft.Json, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed

Sitefinity Json Image Runtime Version:
Newtonsoft.Json, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed

Can you tell me which version you're using in Sitefinity 4.0?  Are there plans to upgrade Newtonsoft.json to the 4.0 version?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Mike,

The version Sitefinity uses is 3.5.0.0. As a test can you do binding redirect to the version of the assembly you have downloaded and works.

<runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
        <probing privatePath="bin;sitefinity\admin\bin" />
        <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity
              name="Telerik.Sitefinity"
              publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563"
              culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect
              oldVersion="4.3.1885.0"
              newVersion="4.4.2117.0" />
        </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
</runtime>

Can you tell me which version you're using in Sitefinity 4.0?  Are there plans to upgrade Newtonsoft.json to the 4.0 version?
In all Sitefinity 4 version released the version of Newtownsoft.json.dll is 3.5.0.0, for Sitefinity 5 which is the next release the version will remain the same. I can`t give you information if the release after 5.0 will be using newer version.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

But there were several releases of Newtonsoft.json which all seem to have the same file version 3.5.0.0.  I realized this myself when I discovered the ReadJson method signature is different in the one you use and the one I've been using.  Do you know which release (e.g. R5, R6, R7 or R8) you're using?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Mike,

We are using Json3.5 R7.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed