Module Builder Import / Export

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:26

Module Builder Import / Export

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Is there a way to export and import modules created using the Module Builder? What is the best way to move a Module Builder module from development to staging or production?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2012 00:00

It's a great question that I am struggling with as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

The modules created with module builder save settings in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/DynamicModulesConfig.config and the module doesn`t save physical files as different project other than the configuration and settings. All module items are saved in the database and deploying the database for Sitefinity as well as the project files will move the modules crated with the module builder.
We don`t offer exporting and importing modules created with the module builder from one Sitefinity project to another.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

so what would be the easiest way to promote the new module to a production environment without copying the database? This is a live site that I cannot overwrite. It would have been nice to know this before I spent the time creating the module this way. I would have done things a lot differently.

This thread is closed