Creating page content via web service interface

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:20

Creating page content via web service interface

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

I can now successfully create pages via the PagesService service; however, it's not clear to me how to create *content* on those pages.

I'm importing a lot of pages from an existing classic ASP site via a Winforms application. I've managed to load and parse the content that I need to add to the Sitefinity site, and I've created a template to hold the new pages. Now, I just need to figure out how to get the content in! The pages I'm creating at the moment are basically blank aside from the elements that come from the underlying template.

Any suggestions?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello David,

Adding content to a page from an external application through service would be a tough job, as you can't do it from the PageService alone. You can inspect what services are called in Sitefinity when you edit a page (with Firebug for example), put content on it and then publish the page. You can try replicating this behaviour by calling the services one by one in your external application, but as I've said it could be hard to do.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed