No FORMS???

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:36

No FORMS???

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

What is the deal with not having the Forms module available for the Small Business Edition?
This is crazy.  What business doesn't have a need for a form?  At the very least there should be a simple contact us form available?

My client cannot afford the additional $1500. to upgrade to the standard edition for this feature.  Especially when every other feature in the Content Category on the comparison sheet is available for the Small Business Edition.

This is rediculous for me to create a custom form to accomplish their needs and if they ever need changes to it then my client has to contact me and pay for customizations.  And there is not even a third party module available to purchase?

Whatever!!!  Just when I was thinking the new version was cool and I had complained about the price increase too much I get blind sided again.  Thanks Telerik!!!!!

I need a viable solution for my client to beable to create forms without a $1500 price tag. 

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING THAT WILL WORK?!?!?!?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Chris,

The ability to be able to easily create and manage forms is one of the differentiators between the small business edition and the standard one. It's a really great feature and providing it in our $499 edition would mean to underprice it.

The alternative here is to create a simple form that would e-mail the submitted contents to a provided e-mail address.

Chris, please understand that providing all the features that different customers need for their specific projects in the Small Business Edition is not possible. So far we've had requests Forms, multi-lingual content, workflows and e-commerce to go in there. I perfectly understand that this sounds logical for individual projects, but ultimately it'll come down to all features from the Pro edition to be included in the SBE. This is simply not possible.

The feedback we get from Sitefinity users confirms that the price of Sitefinity CMS is well backed up by the functionality, user and developer experience. And more is yet to come.

Kind regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

I will have to formally disagree on a couple of points.  Falafel created a whole suite of plugins for 3.7 including a custon form builder for less than $200.  Why can't Telerik create a similar module to purchse to turn on this functionality for the small business edition. 

I was involved in numerous forum discussions when you made your price adjustments last year.  I am not sure who you were interviewing and talking to but there were many of us that were not happy with the restrictions placed on the editions and the huge gaps in price between editions.
You hit the nail on the head when you said it isn't logical for individual projects.  Actually it is.  Everyone needs a form builder and all of us independent and "Individual" developers and designers is what made Sitefinity so popular in the first place.

You really need to start thinking about all of the small consultants and independant contractors that are trying to make it out here.

Keep your pricing model.  No problem.  Just give us the ability to buy the functionality that we need when we need it without buying a bunch of stuff we don't for a price we can't afford and our clients can't afford.

I would gladly pay an extra $200 for a form builder but $1500  that is bad business all around.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Chris,

Actually I said that we've had individual request for various features that are applicable for specific projects and I said that it is perfectly logical from the developer standpoint, however we are just not able satisfy all these requests - this means to unlock all these features in our SB edition. It would be unfair to satisfy one request and not others if we go that way.
    As for developing separate modules that would be available for additional purchase - just as in your example with Falafel, we have let our service partners and community develop and publish these on our marketplace, while we are focusing on core features and enhancements. If we focus on creating side modules (even though some of them overlap existing functionality that we've already created), this would delay the development of core features and the improvement of the current system.
   The current functionalities of Sitefinity (forms, workflows, e-commerce) are inseparable part of the system. They cannot be extracted and provided as standalone modules on our marketplace. And providing separate licensing "unlock" options for individual modules would mess our licensing model badly, especially when it comes to renewals or upgrades.

I hope this makes sense.

All the best,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed