Approving New Users After Registration

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:24

Approving New Users After Registration

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

hi,

I am newbe for this technology and trying to achieve same functionality for my registration widget.
so i have added the registration widget in the page.
Can you give me detailed steps to reach that approve new users after registration functionality.??
i dont see CreateUserWizard.DisableCreatedUser property within the registration widget.
though i have added the property in settings.i am not sure this is the right way or not.
do i need to create the new aspx page or user control??
i am using sitefinity 4.4 currently.
i would really appreciate if you brief me the steps.
Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Can you please check the following topic:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/developing-with-sitefinity/implementing-custom-approval-deny-functionality-for-registered-users.aspx 
I just replied there and I think this is exactly the functionality that you need.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Do i need to generate the custom registration widget for that in order  to override the method??

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

You can just change the type of the out-of-the-box widget, to use your custom class, but it is recommendable that you register it as a new control.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

sorry i dont get you.Please bear with me!!
what does the meaning of out of the box widget??

so let me explain you what is my expectation.
when some one fill up the registration form and click on submit button,the admin(there will be more than one person) should get the email that you have one pending approval in sitefinity.
then admin should approve it.
Please note-there will be more than one admin so everybody should receive the email.
please correct me if i am wrong..the email will contain the link that admin should click in order to approve it correct???
can you please let me know the steps in detail(with related configuration in sitefinity).??
Thanks,
this is the last issue that i am struggling for the site.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Rajesh,

By out-of-the-box widget, I mean the default widgets, the ones you get with a fresh installation of Sitefinity.
All you need is in the post that I sent you - you just need to inherit the RegistrationForm class and register the new class as a custom control. This can be done from Sitefinity's Backend, from Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Toolboxes >> Toolboxes >> PageControls >> Sections, then add a new section or use one of the defaults, then Tools >> CreateNew and Under Control CLR Type or Virtual Path you should enter Namespace.Class of your class (that inherits RegistrationForm) and you also need to enter Name and Title(could be whatever you want).

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Thanks for helping me on this its working now thanks!!
i have Quick question...
how can i send this email to multiple admins at a time??
so that way anyone of them activate.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Rajesh,

Unfortunately this won't be possible at the moment, because the method you need to override (for the sending of the e-mail) is not public and this is why I only change the e-mail of the user, so that it is sent to the admin instead. 

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2012 00:00

hi Svetoslav,
Thanks for the quick response!!
here i am facing one more problem..
so i received the link in order to approve the user but when i click it and then enter the user pw for testing-it says"Incorrect pw/user combination"
here is the link that i received in my email..
http://xyz.com/member-login?user=bc5074b5-96ff-48fc-a145-f8b8e644cb19&provider=
it seems like provider is missing...how can i fix it in my case.
if i set the registration widget autometically approve the member-it works fine but when i select the send the approval option..it doent work..
am i missing something in configuration for custom registration??
public class Class1 : RegistrationForm

protected override void SendRegistrationConfirmationEmail(Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.User user, Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager userManager)

user.Email = "admin@admin.com";
            base.SendRegistrationConfirmationEmail(user, userManager);

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Rajesh,

Did you put an Account Activation widget on the page that you set for Landing page in your Registration widget designer? This widget needs to be on the page, so that when you click on the activation link, the account can be activated by it.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

hi Svetoslav,

Thanks for the info..it works now..

This thread is closed