default available Selectors for ControlDesigner

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:45

default available Selectors for ControlDesigner

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

Out of the box I know Sitefinity includes several Selectors.  I had learned of some of them with misc projects in Sitefinity 3.x, now they seem to be missing or moved in Sitefinity 4.x as I can only find an ExternalPageSelector.

Is there a documented list of Selectors available for developers to use?  I am making a simple control to display a random ListItem on the screen from a specific List.  I want the user to select the "List" from which the control will display an item from.  It seems like a simple ListSelector would be something that should already exist and save me from having to go build a custom designer for.

FYI - Setting a Selector through an the ControlDesigner attribute on a public Property of a User Control you can change the default behavior of the generated interface the user sees when editing the widget on the page or template in the Sitefinity admin.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

Here are two articles that can help you understand how selectors work in Sitefinity 4.x and how you can implement them yourself:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-10-05/selecting_sitefinity_4_content_inside_widget_designers.aspx 
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/slavoingilizov/posts/11-02-11/creating_a_thumbnail_selector_for_news_items.aspx 
For Lists you can use our ContentSelector that takes a service url as an argument and returns all the content returned by this particular service (and can be used for all content types).

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed