News not visible at event details page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:30

News not visible at event details page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

I have a small news widget at the footer of the website which displays the summary and a read more link. This works perfectly on every page except when you click on the detailed page of an event. Here the news widget only shows an empty <span></span>.
The small news widget even works on the full news item page.

I have included some screenshots to make it more clear what is happening. Anyone have a idea why this widget isn't displaying only at the event details page?

Thanks,
Rick.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

I found the problem. Sitefinity seems to filter the news items on the date the event is.
So if the event is in march, sitefinity only shows news messages created in march aswell.

Is there any way to disable this filtering?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

Can you please go to the master widget's settings - > Advanced ->ControlDefinition->Views-> Master and set the AllowUrlQueries to false, and let us know if any problems persist.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2012 00:00

@Boyan Barnev
I'm not finding this. Could you give more specifics? I am having a similar problem where the events widget content goes away when clicking an archive or category link for the blogs.

Thanks!

@Boyan Barnev
I'm not finding this. Could you give more specifics? I am having a similar problem where the events widget content goes away when clicking an archive or category link for the blogs.

Thanks!

Never mind, I got it fixed!! Thanks!!

This thread is closed