Deployment

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:03

Deployment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

hi,
I have create a project and done with the deployment but now I have made few changes in that project so I wanted to upload the changes so what are the files required to upload afterwards and is it required to restore the entire database or only part of it.

Please help me out its urgent.

Thanks & Regards
Ravi Maurya

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

Ravi, it depends.

If the changes you have made are code only, then you dont really have to update the database, just the application files. but if you made changes to content (the stuff that sits in the database) then you will have to update the database. not sure if you can update just a part of the database. i usually do the whole thing since it does not take that long.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Thanks for reply, can you tell me what is the general size of the database because in my case the size of it around 18-19 mb and upload such file with low up link takes time for every upload.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Ravi,

Just created a brand-new project with Sitefinity 4.4 just for you, and the size on a new database is 12.06 MB. So it looks like your has some data in it. I know what you mean about uploading stuff. I must says, Gabe Sumner did a useful video in which he transfers the database data from his development PC to the Arvixe's server without much trouble. I think he used the Export Data functionality if I am not mistaken. Check it out, because that might save you some time, since it is only transferring the data rather than all the other static components of your database. Always, make sure you have backups before attempting anything like that.

Andrei

This thread is closed