MVC web app + Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:46

MVC web app + Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

I have worked with CMS like DotNetNuke before. To have a functionality like e-commerce in such CMS, you have to develop a module and for that you have to follow framework rules. It is a pain, in addition you have to train the developers how the framework works. Is that the case with Sitefinity also?

What I'm looking for is a site developed in MVC3 work like a mini site (for functionality like shopping cart) inside a main Sitefinity CMS site where the user will not notice there is a mini site in it. I don't want to develop a module for that purpose and drop inside the CMS. But both sites can co-exist in the same domain and work like a single site.

Please share the experience.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

Cut long story short, I think it's doable but it'll be a one big hack and you will be very limited with what you can achieve. We've started few months ago with the same requirement, and eventually we have agreed that it's better to migrate an existing site onto the Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2012 00:00

Thanks.

The CMS called Orchard has done a nice job where the modules can be developed very much separately in a new folder called areas. The area has to implement Orchard interface only if it has to take advantage of the CMS functionality.

Now even Facebook uses iframe, is it a viable to solution to use iframe inside the pages that created in the CMS and run the modules as mini-sites.

This thread is closed