sitefinity installing module in administration section

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:31

sitefinity installing module in administration section

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to install a custom module in the administration section, I tried this and it didn't work:
if (landingPage == null)

var ctrl = pageManager.CreateControl<PageControl>(
                    "~/Modules/Translation/Admin/TranslationControl.ascx", "Administration");
                CreatePage(initializer, ctrl);

Any suggestions?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2012 00:00

Ray,
I just do it manually, its really simple. But if you insist in doing it by code then there is a really good video of how to do it on telerik.tv. Josh Morales goes step by step. You might find that useful. Sorry could not help more.
Andrei

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for responding, I couldn't find any directions to do this manually (at least to put it in the admin menu), would you know where I might find those?

Ray

Ray, it looks like you are attempting to create an intra-site module. That is basically a module that creates pages and installs the controls onto that page. You should find these articles helpful:

Creating Page-Based Modules in Sitefinity 4 - This is the manual method of creating pages in the admin
Creating Intra-Site Modules in Sitefinity 4 - This takes the above example a step further by wrapping the creation of pages and controls into code. it also includes a downloadable example.

hope this is helpful!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

@SelAromDotNet those are the videos I was talking about.

This thread is closed