Extentionless Issues - Post Migration

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:10

Extentionless Issues - Post Migration

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2012 00:00

I have successfully migrated my 3.7 project to 4.4

All pages that were migrated over are accessed with the .aspx extention - ex. /Somepage.aspx - but cannot be accessed as extentionless - ex. /Somepage.

If I create a new page in the project it is by default extensionless yet cannot be accessed with the .aspx extension.

This is very weird and confusing. Is there a way to allow all pages to be accessed with the .aspx extension and/or extensionless? If not, is there a way to always require the extension?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Juan,

We have answered you in the support ticket. If you wish you can share the reply with the community.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2012 00:00

I am having this same issue where I am using extentionless pages and I need to use multiple URLs in order to redirect old page URLs to the new ones.  How can I do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2012 00:00

I am having this same issue where I am using extentionless pages and I need to use multiple URLs in order to redirect old page URLs to the new ones.  How can I do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Dear Bart

As of 5.1.3200 you can simply add mulitple urls with and without extentions

so if you have an old page /whatever.aspx in 5.1 you simply add an extra url ~/whatever.aspx

Also works with ~/whatever.html and as far as I know ~/whatever.php if I am not mistaken, but that you would have to try.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/migrating-old-site-ulrs-with-extensions---great-feature.aspx 

That's one reason for me to use 5.1 SP1 or SP2 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

The current site is in 4.4 and we are not ready to upgrade it to 5.1 yet.  Surely this can easily be done with the current site.

This thread is closed