ImageLoader is Resizing my Images in User Control

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:28

ImageLoader is Resizing my Images in User Control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi There,

I've recently implemented Josh Morales Images Loader:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-10-05/selecting_sitefinity_4_content_inside_widget_designers.aspx

and seem to be having a problem with the images that it is loading. My images are in the Sitefinity Library and are 380x176. When I select these into the image loader and update my user control they are resized to 345x160 but are stretched out to still fit 380x176, hence look  blurry and are not usable.

Can anyone give me any clues why this is occurring?

Thanks,
Paul

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

Still haven't received a response to this and still no nearer any solution as to why this is happening. Have included two screen shots, one shows the image and the URL in the Sitefinity library (normal-size-mk.jpg) and one shows the image and the URL applied to it when it is selected on the page (345width-mk.jpg) ...by this time it has been reduced to 345x160 from 380x176.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I am implementing code provided by Telerik to select images from the library.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

UPDATE:
I just created another user control that uses images of 260px in width and these work fine, it only seems to be the images of 380px that are resized?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

I suppose the width and height aspect ratio should be preserved, however I was unable to experience the problem. If in the second control you are using I suppose only the image selector is used, but not the other selectors as well in the same control. Are you also experiencing the sam problem on a page that doesn`t use a theme without any additonal styling added to the page? To do this create a test page without template(start from scratch).

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Stanislav,

I've looked at my other images on the site and they are all .tmb (thumbs), yet it is only the 380x176 image which is being resized to 345x160, all the others remain the same. It was suggested that it is being resized because it is displayed a thumb, in that case, why aren't other images affected?

Paul

This thread is closed