Missing RadEditor icons for certain users

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:32

Missing RadEditor icons for certain users

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

2 of our users can't see the RadEditor icons anymore, for some reason. Like, on the WYSIWYG editor, when editing news items. It works for everyone else, and worked for these 2 persons 1 or 2 days ago, too.

See attached screenshots.
They tried deleting temp files, cookies, rebooting, etc.

Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

Can you please try going to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Appearance and set the Editor Skin value to Sitefinity. Save the changes and restart the application. If any issues persist, please let us know.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Boyan,

The skin was already set to Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

Similar issue can appear if you have restarted the application but the WebResources routes are still cached and are not found when the application is back up. Can you please try clearing your browser cache and restarting the application? If the issues persist, can you also let us know if you are loading custom skins for the RadControls in your projects, or have performed any configuiration changes prior to the issue appearing. Please also check the page for any javascript errors or failing resources. Inspect the toolbar with FireBug to see if something overlays the toolbar buttons. Thank you in advance for the kind cooperation, and looking forwards to your reply.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Boyan,

Since I don't have the problem myself, and am far from the users who have this issue, I cannot do all the client tests easily. They told me they already cleared their cache etc. As for JavaScript errors, I did ask them if they saw a yellow icon in the bottom left corner of IE, but they told me they didn't see such an icon.

Also, we do not have the rights to restart the application (but it should restart daily anyway). We do not have any custom skins, and haven't made any configuration changes that could explain this.

I made one of the 2 users experiencing this issue install Firefox, and she can see the icons with Firefox. Still, it'd be nice not to have this issue with IE. IE8, to be more precise.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us. We've tried reproducing the issue on all major supported browsers including IE8/9 but were not able to. The only remainingthing that might be causing this kind of behavior is if the sprites with editor icons are not loaded properly on that user's machine, which is a really extreme case, however can you please ask them to check it in the network tab where all requests are monitored, and let us know if you've found a particular pattern for reproducing the issue so we can address it. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed