Custom RSS feed

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:17

Custom RSS feed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

how can i narrow down the elements that will be included an RSS feed the custom way?
I 've got a custom property in my blog posts for the purpose to just include posts in my feed where this custom property is set.

I found something similar for Sitefinity 3 (www.sitefinity.com/.../custom-rss-provider-for-blog-module-for-not-displaying-the-author-field.aspx). But how can i achieve this in Sitefinty 4?

Thanks
Matthias

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Matthias,

This is not offered out-of-the-box. If you want to achieve such a functionality, you will have to create a custom pipe that will check for that custom field (if it is true or false) and push the blogs inside the Rss Feed. Here's more info on custom pipes:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/ivanpelovski/posts/11-08-16/registering_custom_pipes_in_sitefinity.aspx 

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed