Page jumping problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:50

Page jumping problem.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi there,

I have a problem about page jumping. OK, here we go.
There is a page which contains the following stuff.

Please check the code in the link

The problem occurs when it come back to the summary page. 
the col in the colgroup triple after the settings and back button are clicked.
And the cloumn click and row click event of the radgrid in the summary page is not correct.
It seems like it get the wrong column name. 
Anybody have an idea about this?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

plus.
I use the NeedDataSource event to bind the data source.
And i rebind it when as the following, otherwise, when it come back, there is no data in the datagrid.

protected override void InitializeControls(GenericContainer controlContainer)
    try

InitializeURL();
        InitializePageEventHandlers();
        // InitializeConnections();

if (Page.IsPostBack)

RadGrid1.Rebind();

catch (Exception ex)

throw ex;

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

anybody please?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Jeff,

In order to identify the problem and provide you with a solution, we may need the whole control / code you are using including any additional references / assemblies that may be needed.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi 

Sorry for the late response.
I made a test project that you can try.
Please note i change the .zip to .png.
Problems:
1. After you click Go and then Click Back button, the cols in the colgroup will increase.
You can verify this through view the generated html code.
2. After you click Go and then Click Back button, the  column name got is incorrect.
The comment out line could get the correct column name, but i'm not sure, that is the correct way to do this.
3. After i close the window opened by radopen, it will refresh the parent page, and then, it may cause the parent page go to a page that displays the similar content display in the opened window.

Thanks again for your reply.

Hi 

I'm not sure this is the correct to upload the source.

And if you find anything unclear, please let me know. Thanks again.

i cannot upload the attachment!!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Jeff,

We downloaded the project you sent us, but it seems to be missing a project from the solution, which seems to be critical for running the project. We looked through the code, but without having a SF sample website or simple ASP website which reproduces the issue we cannot confirm the origin of the project. Can you tell us whether you have tested the scenario in working Sitefinity project or an ASP.NET website?

Also if you are using IE, you may be experiencing the page jumping behaviour if for example you try to focus on a an element that is not entirely visible; therefore the page may ' jump ' in order to show the whole item.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi buddy,

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, i tested the scenario in working Sitefinity project, and the issue exists all the time.
The project i didn't put in the package just call the control to show the page.
skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx
And i put it in the package now.
Please check it again.

Thanks.
Jeff

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Anybody please?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Jeff,

We took a look at your code, but we were able to find out only that you are rebinding the datagrid, in a try - catch block while you are calling the same action in InitializePageEventHandlers();

However we could really understand the use case scenario of the full code. Can you please explain to us in more details?

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your response.

What i want to do is
1. Show first page default
2. Show second page if the Go button is clicked.
3. Show first page again if the Back button is clicked.
The idea that came in my mind to do this is the way that i showed in my code.
The reason that why i rebind the datagrid is that the data will gone after come back from SecondPage to FirstPage if i don't do this.
I'm not sure this is the correct way to do this.
Please tell me if you have another way. 

Thanks.
Jeff

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Jeff,

The described behaviour seems to be valid on the sample site you sent us. Please check the attached video. Another way to do it is to use sessions for example. You can review the RadGrid demos on our site and the attached articles:

www.dotnetspider.com/.../41215-Ajax-Telerik-Rad-Grid-Control.aspx

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-saving-viewstate-in-session.html

demos.telerik.com/.../defaultcs.aspx

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2012 00:00

Yes, i know, it can jump.
But there are also some problems along with that solution!
1. After you click Go and then Click Back button, the cols in the colgroup will increase.
You can verify this through view the generated html code.
2. After you click Go and then Click Back button, the  column name got is incorrect.
The comment out line could get the correct column name, but i'm not sure, that is the correct way to do this.
3. After i close the window opened by radopen, it will refresh the parent page, and then, it may cause the parent page go to a page that displays the similar content display in the opened window.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2012 00:00

And i want to know how to solve this.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

It seems like nobody knows what's going on here...

This thread is closed