How to set HomePage url empty?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:08

How to set HomePage url empty?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,
Is there any solution, to set homepage url empty?
I need to have all url for hamepage like "/". (in Menus, Breadcrumb, etc)
But now i have '/home', it's not suitable for me. Also, redirect through urlrewrite is not acceptable.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Andrey,

When someone visits your site for outside link, or directly, they will be redirected to the homepage, the url of which will not contain the string used in the url field ( http://mysite.com/home ). However because the homepage is actually a normal page from your website, it will need to have a specific url name, which will be used for accessing it directly or for internal use. This behaviour is hard to be changed unless you use some rewriter tool for the homepage url.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2012 00:00

I too am having the same issue and the url rewrite is not proving to solve the problem for us. We have a critical issue where we need to fix this ASAP. The advice I have been given from several people have not worked, also the breadcrumbs need to maintain functionality as well since we rely on them heavily for navigation within pages. I notice this is post is from this year. We are on Sitefinity 5.0 running IIS7

I have a ticket opened for this already but don't believe I have had any response to it yet. Can I please get some escalation on this? Thank you very much.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2012 00:00

I too am having the same issue and the url rewrite is not proving to solve the problem for us. We have a critical issue where we need to fix this ASAP. The advice I have been given from several people have not worked, also the breadcrumbs need to maintain functionality as well since we rely on them heavily for navigation within pages. I notice this is post is from this year. We are on Sitefinity 5.0 running IIS7

I have a ticket opened for this already but don't believe I have had any response to it yet. Can I please get some escalation on this? Thank you very much.

This thread is closed