content lightbox?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:12

content lightbox?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Does anyone know of a module or method for creating a lightbox which actually holds content?

See attached images for what I mean

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2012 00:00

Steve,

Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for...  however, I am a total n00b and am having difficulty getting my project to see your controls.

I emailed you via your site, but I don't know if you'lls ee that or this post first, so I figured I'd do both.

In your set up instructions you mention:  "Copy the RandomSiteControls.dll to your project"

where to?  the root?  the bin folder?

"Add in the Toolbox entries from the included ToolboxesConfig.config by either COPYING the entires into your own, or by adding them with the Sitefinity backend Settings UI at Settings->Advanced->Toolboxes->Toolboxes"

I see this on the back end, but it wants me to call it something.  what should I call it?  is it going to prompt me to upload the config file?  or does the config file need to be placed somewhere and a path assigned in the backend here?

sorry... like I said... total n00b.  any help would be much appriciated.

-Robert

Hey Robert :)
  No problem...until SF gets form notifications I only check my contact form every few days, I can respond here!

1) Yes the DLL should be in your bin folder
2) Are you able to find the config file on your file system under ~/App_Data/SItefinity/Configuration?  If you see it there, just edit that and put those lines I gave you under the proper headings, should be obvious.

So after you paste them in just restart your app pool or rebuild your project just so it can read the .config changes in.

They then should just show up in your widgets\layouts area.

awesome man.  you are a life saver.

ok, i added the .dll to the bin, and edited the ToolboxesConfig.config file in App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration.

do i have to do anything with the virtualPathSettingsConfig.config?  I don't see that in the App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration folder.

-Robert

Oh yeah whoops sorry, add in the virtual path in the backend Settings->Advanced

I THINK the instructions are there for the lines it needs (there's only a couple)

hmm..  how do I do that.

I go to Settings->Advanced->VirtualPathSettings->Virtual paths->Create New

it lists these fields:

Virtual paths

A collection of registered virtual paths.

VirtualPath
ResourceLocation
ResolverName
ResolverType

Have a look in the "VirtualPathSettingsConfig.config" file

The attributes you see there should match to those names you pasted.  If you don't see the attribute listed, then just leave the field blank

Hey Robert, if all is well, I'd appreciate a "Marked as Answered" on the post if possible :)

sorry, yes, i had to test it.  This works perfectly.  This is freaking awesome.  you are the man.

I got a bug report that it has problems with multiples FYI, but I'll have it fixed (if I can find a problem) for 5.0 next week, along with vertical tab strip support.

Cheers,
Steve

like multiple on a page, or multiple within a website?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

Steve,

I am having an issue with this on sitefinity 4.4.  When I first tested it, I was using a default template that comes with sitefinity (Right Sidebar, Content) to be exact.

But in my custom templates, this control doesn't seem to work at all.  I am not sure if it is a CSS issue (i saw the fancy box has a wrapper) or what. 

What do I need to do to get this working in a custom template?

Thanks!

It should work fine...unless you resized the layout.

There's a bug in SF where when you resize the layout it deletes the wrapper class which the control relies on.

Try dragging a new one into your page?

Well, it being a custom template (with it's own theme), I certainly did resize the layout via CSS. 

I'm not sure about it deleting the wrapper class, I mean, it's listed on the layout element still.  I guess my question would be, where does that wrapper class exist? (it's obviously not in my custom theme's CSS files)

I tried dragging a new one into the page, and that makes it look like it is going to work, but as soon as you publish it, it strips the class I believe.

Well it'll work if you resize a "regular" sitefinity layout control...so what if

1) Add a 100% layout, resize to the width you want for the lightbox
2) Add the lightbox to that so you don't have to resize anything

It shouldn't strip the wrapper on publish, use firebug or fiddler, are any resources giving you a 404\500 error? (any script errors on the page?)

I used firebug and the wrappers are all there...  I'm not resizing the layout of the lightbox.  I am dropping the lightbox layout inside another layout that has it's own wrapper/CSS assigned to it which determines it's size and properties (like padding and font styles)

no script errors or 404s, what I see when i visit the page using my theme and the lightbox is the content that acts as the "button" part of the lightbox, imiediately followed by the content that should be hidden but isn't.  see attachments.

When you inspect the Net tab of firebug do you see items like this?

<yourdoman>/SFPageService/RandomSiteControls.TabStrip.Resources.TabStrip.css
(So this is the tabstrip version for example...same diff for fancybox)

ah... here we have the issue.  (see screenshot).  how do i fix this?

I have an active open ticket# 533414 I would be very much appreciative if you could open one as well and provide them your details so we can try and get this fixed...we're having problems reproducing it right now (well, they are)

In the meantime, here's the CSS so it's not having to rely on the failed ones

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3234184/RandomSiteControlsCSS.zip

I see.

If I want to use the CSS you sent to get it working, where would I be putting those?

Thanks in advanced, you're like the msot helpful forum guy I have ever dealt with.

Well you haven't talked to jochem then :)
http://www.telerik.com/community/client-profile.aspx?cId=162662

You can put it anywhere you want...so if you're using a sitefinity theme you should have a "Global" folder.  You can drop them in there....OR open the files that are causing issues, cut out all the css, and paste them into you main .css file somewhere.  Keeping in mind when we get this fixed you can just go back and delete it.

I'd suggest Option 2 as it wont have to download more CSS files.

Hmm.  I added the CSS, and it does change the behavior, but it's not fixed 100%.  am I missing any files?  I see in the 404's it is referencing a fancybox.css file but your zip didn't include that one.  do i need that file?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

By adding the css from the fancybox.css file i downloaded from the fancybox website, i got the module to KIND OF work, but the styling is still not 100%.  it doesn't make the background dark/faded or use a drop shadow on the fancy box content area.

any ideas how i can get the styling to work?  i made sure the paths were pointing to the correct image directory for the necessary graphics, it seems like some of the ids in the css file are ebing ignored though.

Hey Robert, can you try this build?

(just replace the DLLs)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3234184/RandomSiteControls/5.0.2523.0.zip

I assume I'll have to upgrade the project to 5 then before i try that file since i am current;y running it as 4.4?

Yes, sorry about that :)  Im only compiling against the latest release...however if you want to provide me your "Telerik.Sitefinity, Telerik.OpenAccess, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, adn Telerik.Web.UI" I'll compile it against your 4.4

I went ahead and upgraded the project to Sitefinity 5.
I then followed the install instructions within the zip you sent.

Now I get this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.0.2523.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.0.2523.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.0.2523.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. 

Open your bin folder, right-click the Telerik.Sitefinity.dll and go to properties

In the details tab, what version is it?

Lol, okay, thats crazy timing then :)

You applied 5.0 SP1 which was released a few hours ago, I haven't had a chance to update to that myself yet...I will tonight though.

Assembly binding should work for you though
http://www.sitefinitysteve.com/articles/how-to#afb37f02-2c5c-42be-9e11-0ae41dc96506

What the error is saying is that the controls were built against 5.0 Hotfix 1, and it's trying to find the specific Telerik.Sitefinity DLL version it was built against.  Assembly binding will forward that over to your new version, so that should work until I can get a new build out for tomorrow.

hmmm..  I added it under <configuration>, added the version number where that article suggests... and this is what I get after I save it:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

(see attached for a sample)

Can you paste me in your web.config?

So the "newversion" is what you get when you get the DLL properties in your bin folders\details tab (like you did before)

yep.  though I wasn't pasting the code into the right place in the web config file.  I followed your example, then got this error:

Configuration Error

Description:

An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=5.0.2800.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) (D:\Sitefinity\HUB Law\web.config line 117)

Source Error:

Line 115: <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/> Line 116: <add name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModuleIIS6, Telerik.Sitefinity"/> Line 117: <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI"/> Line 118: <add name="SitefinityAnalyticsModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution.Module.DependencyRegistrarHttpModule, Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution"/> Line 119: <add name="SitefinityAtompubModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityAtompubModule, Telerik.Sitefinity" />

Source File: D:\Sitefinity\HUB Law\web.config Line: 117

Version Information:

Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Weird, it's hard to say w/out seeing the project

okay...can you hang tight until tomorrow and I'll get you out a build asap so you can remove the binding?  If you want to leave me your email, I'll send it to you directly as well.

sure thing.  just e-mail webmaster@one2oneinc.com

thanks alot for all your help!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2012 00:00

Steve, by chance can I get you to share how to are accomplishing the Modal layout part of your module? I need to do something similar, but for Bootstrap's modal implementation. Essentially, I need to be able to display a different layout template view depending on if I am in read or write mode, but a simple conditional template looking at DisplayMode didn't yield the results I wanted to do so... I'm assuming that you have to do something similar to get the JQueryUI wrapper around to show up around the layout drop points in the back end, probably along the lines of displaying that with some modified inline styling to make it actually show, etc.?

I can't find any documentation on doing that in a bare ascx file... Something like this, which didn't work:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>

<sf:ConditionalTemplateContainer ID="modalTemplateContainer" runat="server">
    <Templates>
        <sf:ConditionalTemplate Left="DisplayMode" Operator="Equal" Right="Write" runat="server">
            <div id="Modal" runat="server" class="sf_colsOut modal" style="position: relative; top: auto; left: auto; margin: 0 auto; z-index: 1;max-width: 100%;">
                <div runat="server" class="sf_colsIn modal-header"></div>
                <div runat="server" class="sf_colsIn modal-body"></div>
                <div runat="server" class="modal-footer">
                    <a href="#" class="btn" data-dismiss="modal">Close</a>
                </div>
            </div>
        </sf:ConditionalTemplate>
        <sf:ConditionalTemplate Left="DisplayMode" Operator="Equal" Right="Read" runat="server">
            <div id="Div1" runat="server" class="sf_colsOut modal hide">
                <div id="Div2" runat="server" class="sf_colsIn modal-header"></div>
                <div id="Div3" runat="server" class="sf_colsIn modal-body"></div>
                <div id="Div4" runat="server" class="modal-footer">
                    <a href="#" class="btn" data-dismiss="modal">Close</a>
                </div>
            </div>
        </sf:ConditionalTemplate>
    </Templates>
</sf:ConditionalTemplateContainer>

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2012 00:00

@Michael
  I'm not using conditional templates for anything (atm at least).  I'm just conditionally showing\hiding things in my controls based on the available CSS classes on the page telling me which state it's in.  Like there's a class when you're in page edit mode, then one to say if you're in layouts or widgets...etc etc.

You've gone over this blog post I assume?  http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/slavoingilizov/posts/12-04-20/using_conditional_templates_in_your_custom_widgets.aspx 

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2012 00:00

I ripped apart your Javascript and figured out what you were doing, thank you. That will be functional for now.

This thread is closed