Installing custom module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:27

Installing custom module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am finding difficult to install my newly created custom module to my sitefinity backend. I have went through the demo of documentation part of Create a Testimonials intra-site module and when I check in admin panel I didn't find the module link their but when I check  SystemConfig.config I found the reference their. So can some one tell me the simplest way to install the module.

Thanks & Regards
Ravi Maurya

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

In System.config

<add title="ProductsModule" type="ProductCatalogSample.ProductsModule"  startupType="OnApplicationStart" name="ProductsModule" />
Make sure you have the type right type="ProductCatalogSample.ProductsModule"  (Namespace.class of the module). The module will be installed sucessfully if a version attribute is added.
<add title="ProductsModule" type="ProductCatalogSample.ProductsModule"  startupType="OnApplicationStart" version="1.0.0.0" name="ProductsModule" />

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed