I have a site structure similar to the following:

--Home
--About Us
   --News & Events
      --Latest Events
   --Media Releases
--Products
--Contact

I'm trying to create navigation whereby the top level navigation (home, bout, products & contact) are visible at all times, along with any parent, sibling AND child pages of the current page. Using the above structure, if I was viewing the News & Events page, I should see every element shown above. If I was on Media Releases, I should see every page above except Latest Events, but I should also see any child pages of Media Releases. If I was on Products, I should see all the top level pages, plus any children of Products. I hope that's easy to follow.

At present I have been trying to achieve this using Tree Navigation however the options seem limited to achieve my aim. I'm thinking a custom control may be required but I haven't got a clue where to start.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Is this kind of navigation structure even possible with Sitefinity??

Thanks,
Phil.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Phil,

I believe RadPanelBar would suit your requirements. You need to add it to an .ascx page in your project and then register it as a user control in Sitefinity. Take a look at the sample below:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Panel.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Controls.PeterNav" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" ShowStartingNode="false" />
<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="RadPanelBar1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1">
</telerik:RadPanelBar>

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed