API reference?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:53

API reference?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,
This may be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Is there an online API reference for Sitefinity 4 similar to the one that exists for 3? It seems there used to be coverage in the old 4.0 developers guide which is no longer on the site.

Otherwise any way to get this documentation? We have tried installing the SDK, and currently have a support ticket in to do so, but we are encountering errors.

thanks
Tanya

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Tanya,

Because of the shift to using Sitefinity for Documentation, the API reference is no longer compiled automatically and uploaded online. Instead it will now be distributed with the Sitefinity SDK.

I hope this is helpful!

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

I'm sure that Sitefinity for Documentation could be great, but I'm also having a hard time accessing some kind of Sitefinity API reference. Preferably something like the MDSN Library, having short samples and cross references.

I finally accepted to use local help for VS2010, to be able to install the SF API reference from the SDK (5.0.2500.7), but each page has a red text like this in the top:
[Missing <summary> documentation for "N:Telerik.Sitefinity"]
I guess this particular CHM build had an issue.

Online API is better for communication.
Right?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Aw, I get lots of errors on your web these days, causing me to double post.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2012 00:00

olav,
I am seeing this too. I also would like to see an online version similar to MSDN!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2012 00:00

Yes, would love to see something similar to MSDN.

Meanwhile, I've downloaded the Sitefinity SDK and I still can't seem to access an API Reference. In the Sitefinity SDK Browser app, under the Documentation tab, the API Reference option for 'Open the local file' is greyed out and disabled. The 'Read online' link is active but takes me to www.sitefinity.com/.../developers-guide which doesn't have an API reference...

Does anyone know where to look?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2012 00:00

Talin,

For instructions on installing the API Reference for Sitefinity, please take a look at this blog post: How to view the Sitefinity API Reference in Visual Studio 2010

I apologize that this isn't more clear, and I will relay this feedback to the SDK team so we can try to update the info in the SDK browser for the next release!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi SelAromDotNet,

Thanks for your reply. The post is very informative, but I don't see the “Install_Sitefinity API Reference.bat" file mentioned.

I'm running a trial version of Sitefinity, could that be the cause?

Thanks,
Joe

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2012 00:00

Joe,
The API reference is included with the Sitefinity SDK. It can be installed alongside the trial project manager and you can reuse your trial license for the samples too if you wish.

hope this is helpful!

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi SelAromDotNet,

Thanks for the link to the blog. I don't see the “Install_Sitefinity API Reference.bat” file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 5.0\SDK (the attached screenshot shows the contents of the folder). I'm at a bit of a loss for what to try next... Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Joe

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi,

You can find the bat files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 5.0\SDK\Content\Documents\Chm

assuming that you have a 64bit machine. If you are on 32bit the following directory folder should be valid:

C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity 5.0\SDK\Content\Documents\Chm

I have attached a screenshot as well.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed