Signup form help

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:54

Signup form help

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi there,

I am newbie to Sitefinity... so I am just in process of testing the functionality of some tools.

So I am trying to work with Register widget and I am trying to create a new template based on the existing by adding some fields needed for the signup process (like for example adding a field for Country and City). My question is how to add those fields so they can show up on edit template mode within the Other Data fields.

If it is not the appropriate way to do and it has to be using Forms, is there please an example Step By Step, I can go through... I really appreciate it.

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

You need to add the custom fields to your ProfileType and then they will appear in the Registration widget's template. This can be done from Administration >> Users >> ManageProfileTypes and then by choosing your preferred ProfileType you can add custom data fields to it, which you can later add to your Registration widget template. More information on this can be found here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/users-roles-and-permissions/managing-users/managing-user-profiles/editing-profile-types/ 

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed