Help with Taxonomy API. Retrieving all values from Flat Taxa

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:50

Help with Taxonomy API. Retrieving all values from Flat Taxa

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know where this is full documentation for the taxononomy api within Sitefinity. I have read everything available online I can find and have found that it is not sufficient and doesn't solve my problems.

I am trying to retrieve all the values from a custom Flat classification (Taxonomy) I created called "Countries", of singular "Country". These will populate a drop down and be used with a module to display data based on the country, however I don't know how to retrieve the actual values of all the countries.

I have attempted to used the following select all my countries which doesn't work:

var taxa = manager.GetTaxa<FlatTaxon>().Where(t => t.Name == "Country").ToList();

At present i am resigned to looking in the database at tables and stored procedures trying to work out how to achieve this as there isn't sufficient documentation on the Taxonomies API. Can anyone help with this as I need it today?

Cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Paul,

this is (a stripped) part of the code i use to retrieve my custom Flat classification:

TaxonomyManager taxManager = TaxonomyManager.GetManager();
var tags = taxManager.GetTaxonomies<
FlatTaxonomy>().Where(t => t.Name.ToLower() == "countries").SingleOrDefault();

if (tags != null)
    var orderedTags = tags.Taxa.OrderBy(t => t.Name);
    foreach (var tag in orderedTags)

HTH
Matthias

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2012 00:00

Thanks for that, worked perfectly!

Created a list of tag.Title.value to get the actual values I required

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00