How to store Multiple values in one Metadata field in Sitefi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:09

How to store Multiple values in one Metadata field in Sitefinity 3.7

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Team,

i have developed a Project using Sitefinity 3.7. i have added some extra field to Generic Content Module.
In that module  i have added a  ListBox control(for US State ) wholse SelectionMode="Multiple". i have added one meta field under
<cmsEngine defaultProvider="Generic_Content">
<metaFields>
<add key="Generic_Content.State" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="False" defaultValue=""/>
</metaFields>
</ cmsEngine defaultProvider="Generic_Content"> 

When i save the select multiple states from the listbox and click save it will saving the only one state not multiple selected states.
Please help me how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

It seems the list box is not passing the data correctly. If you have the javascript of the control make sure the values are passed as comma separated list for each entry in the dropdown. Currently it seems to pass the value as a variable that is not taking all fields or an array of the fields.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed