Duplicating Localization Functionality for Custom Content

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:30

Duplicating Localization Functionality for Custom Content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I'm trying out Sitefinity to see if it's the right tool for the job.  One feature that is a must is to be able to load up different content, no just based on language, but also based on what I'll call a "skill level".  I'm trying to get a grasp on all this, perhaps a little too quickly, but can someone at the least point me in the right direction?  

I'm assuming I'd need to extend the basic Page functionality, but I'm not totally sure how to do that.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Mike,

Can you elaborate a little bit on what you mean by "skill level"? As far as I understand, you'd like to display different content for users that belong to a certain group of users. Maybe our security system is what you're looking for. You can create roles, assign them to users and set permissions to those roles, so that users that from those roles would be able to see or modify certain types of content or widgets on a page. Is this what you're trying to achieve?

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed